Friday, June 22, 2007

Out for the SUMMER

I am making a Summer/Sunshine compilation of songs in celebration of summer. So far I have

-Candy in the Sun (totally reminds me of Jr. High)
-Steal My Sunshine
-Walking on Sunshine
-Here Comes the Sun
-Daydream Believing
-Summer of '69
-My Girl

I am looking for some more ideas!

What songs remind you of SUMMER?

8 comments:

jessica said...

Anything by the Beach Boys - except for Lil' Saint Nick. Especially California Girls and Surfin' USA.

Phoebe said...

Strawberry Wine by Deena Carter.

bonny with a Y said...

cruel summer by bananarama

i so love that song

and vacation by the go go's

Phoebe said...

Summertime by Will Smith

Eliza said...

Oh, I have lots and lots! In fact I have made several Summer Mixes myself.

Some of my faves are Boys of Summer (Don Henley), Float On (Modest Mouse), Someday (The Strokes), Love Shack (B-52s), Backyard (Guster), Could You Be Loved (Bob Marley), Island in the Sun (Weezer), Everybody Got Their Something (Nikka Costa), Our Last Summer (ABBA), Doin' Time (Sublime), Amber (311), Mexico (James Taylor), Northern Sky (Nick Drake), Magic (the Cars).

My fave summer mix ends in September Morn (Neil Diamond), fitting don't you think?

Probably more than you asked for; I still have more if you want them!

hanner said...

I have an entire summer mix courtesy of Eliza and then I added a ton of my own. And I'm surprised no one put "In The Summertime" by Mungo Jerry. It's a must-have.

bonny with a Y said...

oh what do you do in the summertime? (primary song book)

Amy Girl said...

Tequilla Sunrise - The Eagles