
For the past week I have been a little obsessed with the Beatles. I first started listening to the Beatles when I was 13. My grandma gave my Dad 'The Beatles One' CD. He wasn't a huge fan of the Beatles so I slowly took possession of it. I listened to it so many times that I had it memorized. I thought I was an expert on the Beatles- I listened to them plus I knew their names(John, Paul, George and Ringo). When my group stopped in London I made sure that I made a trip to Abbey Road. This is where I realized I knew nothing. I had heard only a handful of their songs and their names.
Last week I found "The Beatles" by Bob Spitz, on sale for 5 bucks. I decided to buy it because "I love the Beatles"! All week I have been annoying my family with facts that I have gleaned from the book. How John and Paul would sit down and in a couple of hours have a couple song worked out. How none of them could read music. How after their second American tour they never toured again. How they were only together for 10 years. How people would scream so loud when they were onstage that they couldn't hear themselves sing. Dozens of songs. A lot of craziness. Definitely not perfect but amazing.
I guess my point is that I am definitely a fan of the Beatles. If you need a random fact, just let me know!
Though not an original Beatles song, This song is amazing!
3 comments:
My first concert was to see the rock group Styx in 1981 at the Los Angeles forum. We stayed up all night to get tickets. I was the only one who got a low number to buy them. Scott and Ted were so jealous. What a great concert. My most recent concert was to see Rush in Irvine Meadows this past summer. Scott and I realized that there were a lot of "old" people hanging out at concerts these days. Unfortunately, Rush didn't have a warm-up band. The Beatles would have fit in nicely; you know, being the one-hit wonder they were.
I'm actually quite fond of the Beatles. I often listened to srgt. Pepper as a kid/teen.
And your the song on your link is good, but I like twist and shout best when Ferris sings it.
Melissa, I know I am commenting on this in Feb. but oh well.
Ask your Dad if he remembers the story that Reg Pendleton told us about him seeing the Beatles at Candle Stick park. If He doesn't, ask me I'll tell you. It is a great story of obsessed fans.
Post a Comment