Monday, September 07, 2009

I'm Just a Bill

I made it to DC! Hannah and Robbie picked me up at the airport, which was just fabulous of them. They took me out to dinner, then showed me around the city a bit. They were just great and made me feel much less nervous about being here.
After they dropped me off at my house(!), my cousin Vanessa and her boyfriend Adam arrived! It was lovely to have them because then I had people to do touristy things with. I think we did every touristy thing that it is possible to do in three days. We walked about 20 miles total so my legs are pretty sore.
Here are some pictures of my first few days here!

Me Loving the Capitol


Art work in the Botanical Garden and my lovely cuz Vanessa

Native American skateboards, in the Native American Museum, my favorite thus far


The Empanada's we searched for over a two day period. Definitely worth it though I complained about it while looking for them


The White House. I think the Obama's were amused.
A gravestone with our last name on it. Definitely called for a picture

Lincoln

Possibly the coolest exibit- I had no idea women flew in WW2



My Great-Uncle

Then comes the rain! Adam was not happy about that!
I am having a fabulous time so far. I have already started to fall in love with DC. I also have not sweated this much in my whole life and my hair is on the fritz but other than that it is all good.
Tomorrow: My first day of work!


6 comments:

hanner said...

i'm so glad you are having a good time!!

Amy Girl said...

Have Fun!

Karen said...

Yeah, yeah!

Shelly said...

Great pictures Melissa- what a wonderful experience! I haven't seen Vanessa since she was a little girl in Bakersfield!

Emily said...

I really enjoy Adam's face in that last shot. Really.

holmes said...

ok 1 i am the only robbie worth mentioning on your blog ang two you were worried that i would be able to help you with your hair and dress well i am here to save you! #1 hair was not your best but far from your worst. # two that purple dress a lovely choice but not with that pink shirt underneath it! lots of luv haha