We received two letters from Hermana Roberts yesterday. The second one repeats some of the first one, so I will edit a bit. (the second is a form letter the branch presidency had them fill out.)
August 18, 2010
Dear Family,
Ha ha, they say I need to tell you that I am A-okay. Which I am. It was rough the first five minutes but I am good! I have two companions-Hermana P and Hermana S. We are lucky and have three! H. P is from Arizona and H S. is from American Fork. The first day has been totally different then I expected, but better not scary.
I actually saw a couple of people I know. I saw Kiera M. and talked with her. I caught a glimpse of Ryan C and a girl I know from school. I wasn't expecting to see anyone I knew the first day!
Things are a little crazy, but not as bad as I was expecting. Though I kind of feel like all we do is sit in the classroom and eat...I think they are trying to make us gain a million pounds before we leave...but I am determined that won't happen!
I miss you all and can't wait to hear from you!
Melissa the Beautiful
August 19, 2010
This is again a note to say I have survived the first 24 hours. I didn't fall out of my bunk bed, choke on a piece of chicken, or injure myself on the exercise machine. So it is all good. I am expecting many letters. I miss you all.
Melissa the Beautiful
P.S. I eat salad and fruit -so healthy!
2 comments:
Good to hear that "all is well!"
You wanna know what is so awesome?
Sister S - from American Fork is in my sister-in-law's ward. When I got to AF last Monday I told her all about Melissa and she said, "Oh Sister S spoke in our ward yesterday and she's going to Barcelona Spain!" I forgot to mention it to Melissa. I will Dear Elder/Sister her again.
Small world:)
Post a Comment