Monday, June 06, 2011

To Baptize Is To Have Fun

The best news of the week....OVIDIO WAS BAPTIZED!!! My heart literally wants to explode from the happiness and joy I feel. I might even write a haiku, that is how happy I am. We actually made a whole event of his baptism.. Yesterday was stake conference so our whole branch rode in a bus to Valencia, enjoyed stake conference, took lots of photos, got back on the bus, drove to Gandia, ate delicious food, Baptized Ovidio, back on the bus once again for Benidorm. It was possibly one of my favorite Sundays ever.

Ovidio is incredible. He came up out of the water just smiling. He bore his testimony about how the Book of Mormon has answered all the questions he ever had, how the branch is like his family and how he has come to feel the love of Jesus Christ and Heavenly Father. I love him. The Gospel changes lives. Words can not even express how beautiful amazing wonderful lovely this baptism was.

This week I am doing exchanges once again with the hermanas in Valencia. It should be a good time. I love being able to learn from different sisters. Plus we have a new hermana, and she is darling, so I am excited to get to know her!

One quick hilarious story...we went to a members house to eat. The member had a whole chicken that needed to be cut up, that Hna. N offered to cut up. It was kind of making me sick because I could hear the bones snapping, so I was making faces. The member asked me what I was going to do when I was married and my husband wanted chicken. I said 'well if he wants a whole chicken cut up, he can cut it himself'. They all stared at me in disbelief and then started laughing. The member told Hna. N that she would probably be the one who gets married because she has these domestic skills... Bahaha apparently knowing how to make oragami hearts, knowing all the songs to the Music Man, and making a mean carrot cake do not make for good marrying material. 

I love you a million Sundays of traveling and baptizing!

Love, Melissa the Beautful


No comments: