Monday, February 20, 2012

RaRaRa...the letters come pouring in


In other news, I officially can not spell in English.

In even more other news, I officially turn a quarter of a century tomorrow. I am AWESOME!

True to my character, I have let everyone know that it will be my birthday and that we need to celebrate. Thanks for all the cards...

This week has been great! The weather has taken a turn for the sunshine, which I attribute to Heavenly Father´s love for me in this my birthday month! This weekend should be amazing with the baptism of Joselyn, as well as the baptism of Carlos...the man from Mexico I told you about!

I have decided that I truly love teaching the gospel. It is fun to share the things that bring me such happiness! Because everything that I truly love comes from the Gospel!!

Last week we were calling some old investigators...ones that neither Hna. Soderquist or I had ever met. We got in contact with an old man named Guiseppe, who is in the hospital. We asked if we could come to visit him and he said yes! It was a wonderful experience. He is very ill and can barely speak but he asked us to sing 'I am a Child Of God'. We sang it first in Spanish, then in English. His face just smoothed over and he had a smile on his face, with his eyes closed. I guess I forget sometimes that we are all children of God, no matter what our age is. There was such a peace in the room- Heavenly Father truly does love each of us!


A nice compliment to me...some of the members have said that it doesn´t seem like I am going home because I am still working hard! YES YES YES! There are still more miracles out there waiting for me! And I still need to find my family! Dad, Mom and Child!!!

I love you a million sings of 'I am a Child of God'
Love, Melissa the Beautiful

No comments: