Monday, October 01, 2012

Mother Knows Best

My Mother seeing into the future...

At the beginning of July, I decided to spread my wings and fly away to live in Salt Lake. In order to do that, I needed transportation. Cheap transportation. My friend offered to sell me her car for an low price and my parents agreed. Perfect. Time to fly away.

There were a couple of things needed so that I could drive my new car...registration, a new battery, gas...so my Mother and I headed out to get my car ready to drive.  As we were driving to the DMV, it started to smoke a little. My Mother said 'That would be bad if your car started on fire'. Truer words were never spoken. Little did she know that she had just seen into the future. 

Two weeks later, I sat waiting on the side of the highway because my car was smoking. One more day and my engine burst into flames two houses from my destination. Luckily my clothes nor my cowboy boots caught on fire. AHHH!!

Then, I rode my scooter around Salt Lake for about two months. I was given candy by some homeless people, I got hit in the parking lot at work, I got whistled at everyday.

Now, I am a proud owner of a beautiful Canadian Toyota....


Isn't she pretty?

If you want, you can leave a suggestion for a name in the comments...

5 comments:

grannybabs said...

I never owned a car until after I got married - and I made Harry do the caretaking - I think I've missed out on a significant experience!!

How are things going in SLC? I always loved it there.

Josie Pie said...

Sooo cute! And Canadian, too! Love your blog.

Josie Pie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shelly said...

Name for car- Canuck. And, Congrats on the new car; although you may miss the whistles. ;)

Karen said...

Sylvia