Monday, March 04, 2013

Oh Summer Where Art Thou?

How I felt about my birthday...delicious

This winter has been a test of my patience. Though I have lived in Idaho for most of my life, I have little tolerance for cold. And snow even less. I  think it should only snow on Christmas Eve and Christmas, to get everyone in the spirit. This winter it has snowed mountains. Every time I thought we had got through the worst of it, it would snow again. Ahh! Save me from the ever growing pile of snow on my porch.

It is good that my birthday came in the midddle because I needed somehing to pull me out of my snow induced stupor. Nothing makes me happier than a good birthday celebration.  I love having a day (or whole month), all about me. And so I celebrated in true Melissa fashion with cute new clothes, books, delicious food, dance parties and karaoke. I mean I sang 'America' by Neil Diamond on my birthday. Perfect way to usher in my 26 year.

Thanks self, for being born in February in an efort to drive away the winter blues. Thanks parents, for just having me and lovimg me.

And now that my birthday month is over, can we bring on Summer? Thanks!

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Happy birthday!

Karen said...

We are glad we had you. :)

Also, it keeps on being winter here also. Snow this morning. Gideon said that it seems like six more weeks of winter in spite of what the groundhog said.