Sunday, March 18, 2007

If only I were the swooning type


I fainted today. I am not really sure why. My roommate was curling my hair and the next thing I knew I was on the bathroom floor. I hit my head and bit my lip. It was the scariest thing that has ever happened to me. I didn't know what was going on so I got really scared and starting crying. My roommates were great- they got the head resident, put my head on a pillow, and just tried to calm me down. Then we went to the ER where they checked blood pressure, temperature, etc. I laid there for about an hour with an ice pack* on my head until the doctor came and checked on me. He checked my heart and my eyes saying, "Well it looks like you are still alive. You should be good to go!" It was so scary at the time but I am glad that nothing seriously was wrong. The above pictures are of my lip and the bump! I was lucky because my parents came up just to make sure that I was ok. They are the best!

*I feel lucky because I got to keep the ice pack and I got a cool bracelet with my name on it!

6 comments:

grannybabs said...

My sister Mary fainted while I was putting her hair up in rollers. We were told that sometimes when someone is working on your head, you hold it so still that the you actually cut off your circulation or something like that. Makes sense to me.

I faint all the time - I have gotten to the point where I know when it's coming on, so I just sit down and put my head between my knees.

(By all the time I mean that it's happened more than 3 times!!)

It's always good to get things checked though.

Once I fainted at church - talk about getting everyone's attention!! It was a little embarrassing. I hadn't eaten - something that will do it to me every time - it wasn't fast Sunday either - doesn't happen to me on Fast Sunday.

Karen said...

Thanks for that info Barbara- we were wondering what caused the faint and that seems a likely reason.(first thing we asked was if she had eaten)
Pictures don't do her wounds justice.

Emily said...

The wrist band is the coolest thing in the world. It would almost be worth getting injured just for the wrist band.

D. Scott said...

I think it is a desperate cry for attention. It's probably due to her parents never paying attention to her.
Then again, maybe not.

D. Scott said...

I think it is a desperate cry for attention. It's probably due to her parents never paying attention to her.
Then again, maybe not.

Jeff said...

It sure ws a good way to get out of my High Council talk! It was all prepared and a good one I thought. I used some of my talk for FHE last night, so all was not lost. Melissa, I am glad you are o.k. and it was not a problem to be there for you for a few hours, even if your internet cord is broken.