Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Learning the Value of a Straight LINE

Every now and then I get this random urge to sew. I don't know why but it happens. I usually end up picking a complex pattern, cut out the pieces, and then wait until my mom gives in and does the whole thing for me. This time I swore it would be different.

I picked out this cute Vogue pattern and cute fabric(see fig.1).

Fig.1

After cutting the fabric out then letting it sit for a week(the fabric looks better after sitting around), I finally began sewing. I tried to do it by myself only asking for my mother's help when I couldn't understand. Those instructions are not easy to understand so I was running up the stairs about every 2 minutes.

I finally got the front and back sewed together(see fig.2- try to ignore my face).


After much work I finished the collar(fig.3). I always liked my neck- I think it is one of my best features. Fig. 3
Stay tuned for more updates- pictures, crazy stories. Hopefully the pictures will be of me smiling and not of me looking like I am on drugs. Until tomorrow!

4 comments:

jessica said...

So far I am impressed...can't wait to see how it turns out!

Karen said...

It is coming along nicely. I haven't done any sewing on it, just consultation and instruction. I think she will be very pleased with how it turns out.

Amy Girl said...

It's sure to turn out wonderful with your mom there as a coach. She's an excellent seamstress.

I concur, you do have a lovely neck.

Phoebe said...

This is why I have stopped sewing patterns.
Good Luck!