Saturday, June 13, 2009

C-E-L-E-B-R-A-T-E!!

This is my 200th blog post! (insert cheering)

In honor of this momentous occasion, I want to give you(yes, you!) something!

Nothing big, but it will be a surprise!

If you would please comment(because who doesn't love comments?)

Leave your name* and what historical era you would like to experience and why(if you could time travel, of course).

I will pick a random winner on Tuesday! The odds are pretty good!

200 is big, don't you think?

*this could be funny- mom and emily- I am counting on you 50/50 chance!

8 comments:

Emily said...

Emily, Pancho, Malcolm, Nicky, Sneaking Fox, Ponyboy. I am going to say a Marie Antoinette-ish era (I'm sure there is an offcial name for that but it escapes me.) And only if I was an aristocrat, of course. It would be fun to be filthy rich and extravagant. Although, Marie Antoinette's story did not exactly end happily and I really would not enjoy being at the mercy of "The Maiden" if you catch my drift.

Amy Girl said...

I'd love to be a woman homesteader. I really dig the west/cowgirl stuff. I'm thinking Diary of Mattie Spencer, just not the tragic unrequited, lover betrayal part. Living off the land, making bread and quilting and of course the hard work part. I'd really like to give it a whirl if I could go back in time. Call me crazy, but I'm drawn to it for some bizarre reason.

hillary nicole said...

Mmm... such a hard question. I really love the WWII era, but from an American perspective. Romantic, no?

Jeff said...

I was thinking of giving the "seminary" answer, but alas, I must go with my heart. I would have liked to play baseball in the "Field of Dreams" era, twenties and thirties. This was when players played the game for the joy of the game and not for the money.

grannybabs said...

I'd like to try the 60's again - only I want to be more aware this time.

I was pretty much sheltered living in Utah and all!!

(Maybe I would just like to be thin!!)

Karen said...

MOM.
1914-1938 England. The first great war and the period after up to the start of WWII.

I have read a bit about this time period and it is facinating to me. I can't really explain.
Plus, the clothes are great, don't you think?

Also, I really like indoor plumbing, and have no desire to spend any length of time somewhere without that little luxury.

Rachel Clark said...

hmmm..that is really rough. but lets be honest the first thing i think about is the fashion and there are so many different era's with such fantastic fashion choices. so after much thought...i decided with the 50's! I just love the dresses (corsets were definetly ok!). Lets also be honest here...James Dean! There is also the perks of all those great musicals that came out during the 50's. I can't fail to mention Gene Kelly, Cary Grant, Marilyn Monroe, Bing Crosby...and hollywood just seems so magical!

But lets just be honest here..i should have been a teenager in the 80's. my hair would just fit right in.

The Mom said...

Congradulations 200 that is a lot as I just started and probably will never get that far once I get off our Mission. I have never thought of another time I would like to be alive. I would just to know then what I know now.