My next stop was the Natural History Museum. I decided I needed to give every museum a chance, even if it didn't seem like something I would really be interested in. I would list natural history under that category.
I went to Deep Sea 3D because with my special badge I get on free IMAX a week.
It was awesome, though slightly terrifying especially when it looks like thousands of jellyfish are swimming around you. But I love the ocean so I just closed my eyes during those parts.
I spent most of my time in the Mammal section. I was fascinated by the way they arranged the animals in little senarios. Just some mice having some fun in the woods.
Possibly my favorite animal. I always did love 'Crazy eyes'. That or the flying squirrel.
I also spent quite a bit of time in the Ocean section. They had a cool tank with all the Nemo fish.
The Wishing Tree. People write down their wishes and hang them in the tree.
I love the sculpture garden. I have actually gone there several times to just sit and read. There are so many pretty trees in the area plus it is usually quiet.
The Hirshhorn Museum was not my favorite, though I did enjoy some aspects. I loved the Calder mobiles.

I love this painting. I am not sure why but I think it is beautiful!
That was my Friday! I am slowly finding my way to all the Museums. Then I will know which ones I want to return to!

3 comments:
You look absolutely adorable in your 3-D glasses! It's so amazing that you get to go through all these amazing museums. Keep livin' it up and enjoy yourself! I miss our TIM TIME...
I would like to see the Calder mobiles. And the Declaration of Independence.
There is a fabulous Calder section in the east wing of the National Gallery of Art. It has a bunch of his wire sculptures plus a huge mobile in the entry hall.
Ummm I LOVE the ocean exhibit! I agree that natural history isn't really my thing but the ocean exhibit is pretty new and I loved it!
Post a Comment