Wednesday, October 19, 2011

October 17


Hello!

   I am doing wonderful today. The weather is gorgeous and I finally got stamps for about 15 letters I have not sent...so everything is great. I took some pretty pictures up on our roof- from the top we can see almost all of Barcelona.
 

We had some pretty funny happenings this week. We accidently left our keys in the apartment, and we really did not want to pay 50-80 euros to have it opened. We tried asking our neighbors, that have a kind of patio that connects to ours, if the Elders could climb over but they were not too keen on the idea...muy peligroso. So, we called the office Elders and they sent over Leo. He is from Argentina and knows how to repel down things- he has a harness and everything. So he repelled down from the roof onto the patio and rescued our keys. As he was going down, one of the people a floor down from us saw him and he was like 'It´s okay I am not a robber, I am just helping the missionaries.' Then he pointed up at us on the roof and we waved down to her. It turned out to be quite the hilarious adventure.
  

This week we also performed in the Ward TALENT SHOW.  I would like to call our talent Hoedown Showdown. Hermana R has an amazing talent with the violin, which just happens to involve fiddling! We decided to that she would fiddle and I would dance- all while wearing masks. One of the Queen of Spain and the other George Bush. Everyone knew that Hermana R was going to play her violin...and everyone assumed that I would be singing. Bahaha. I get up and introduce us, saying that we have prepared something very special for the ward. Then we run out in our masks, Hermana R starts fiddling like mad and I start doing some crazy footwork. It was good we were wearing masks because I was laughing so hard that I could not breathe. Then Hermana R played the Spirit of God (without her mask). It was hilarious. We are still laughing about it. I think the ward members were a bit confused but I got lots of compliments on my 'dancing'. Hopefully they will want us to teach their friends now!
  

We have quite a few investigators right now, just most of them are struggling to commit. We are always looking for people who are prepared! We got a reference from some other missionaries and when I called him he told me that he has been wanting to be baptized, that his grandma is a member and wants to know what he needs to do. Miracles!

  I love you a million Hoedown Showdowns where people go wild over my dancing

Love, Melissa the Beautiful

No comments: