Saturday, October 01, 2011

September 26


I am copying my presidents letter because there were some things I thought you might like...

Miracle. I feel like the miracle this week was the help that we have recieved from our Bishop. More than any other Bishop I have worked with, he truly seems excited about missionary work and truly desires to help us. We had a little meeting with him on Sunday- we talked about our recent converts and he made plans right then to go visit them. Then he was telling us about a woman he had given a blessing to and went to find out her address so that we could visit her. He is just excited about everything missionary related. He told us that we are needed at ward council...which is true because the last 2 that I have been to have been about the missionary efforts! I love this ward! It is true that when you have the confidence of the leaders of the ward, things run smoothly and miracles can happen! I hope we can spread this excitement to the whole ward!
   Hermana R. She truly is an amazing missionary, she speaks Spanish so well and has an incredible faith. I love that she is not afraid to open her mouth and speak, even when she thinks she doesn´t understand and everything she says goes right with what I am saying. I am excited to work with her and see lots of miracles!
   There were just a few investigators I wanted to talk about. We have been teaching a young man named Francis, who is from India, for about 3 months. He studied to be a Catholic priest, but then decided against it. He is probably our most consistent investigator-he has been to church about 7 times, read and prays- I just am not quite sure how to help him get an answer. He does not understand much Spanish but he continues to come to church. But everytime we ask him what he is feeling when he reads and prays, he does not have an answer. Just regular. I know he is feeling something but I just am unsure on how to help him recognize it.
  Juan Carlos, Lina and Ernesto. I am worried because their finicial situation has been keeping them from church. We finally talked to the Bishop and he is going to visit them this week, so it should all be sorted out. They are amazing though and every time we meet with them, they have more desires to learn about the gospel. Lina's sister Rosy has desires to learn as well. She currently works on the weekends, but we are working with her as well.
 
   I am trying to focus on the blessings that I have. I am a little sad about Hermana S going home, and just sometimes missionary work is hard-emotionally. But I was reading the part in John, where Jesus Christ goes to raise Lazurus from the dead. In 11:41 he says, 'I thank thee that thou hast heard me'. Jesus Christ, a perfect person, thanked his father in everything. I need to thank my Heavenly Father because I know that he has heard me, in every moment. I love Jesus Christ and I hope I can be more like him.
Have a lovely week!!

It kind of gives a good run down of my week! I am trying to be a strong senior companion. Being with a new missionary has help me realize how much I have learned...not just Spanish wise but in the spirit. I truly love being a missionary. I don´t think I want it to end. Even though I am tired pretty much all the time, and sometimes it is just heart breaking but there really is no other joy like serving the gospel. I can not believe I almost let my opportunity pass by. I am so glad I didn't.


I love you a million service activites that build more than just playgrounds!

Love, Melissa the Beautiful

No comments: