Dec 4
I think the biggest miracle I have seen this week
is the baptismal invitation. We actually had a pretty rough week, as it goes
with lessons and everything. But I felt like we worked hard to teach and find
prepared people. I have been studying a lot about baptism, which has given me
more desires to invite people to baptism. The more I am understanding and
really receiving a testimony of baptism, the more I am feeling bold and
confident in the invitation. We have been inviting all of our investigators to
baptism and even though they do not always accept, I leave the lessons happy
because we have testified and invited them to baptism. Heavenly Father just
loves his children so much.
We are having a baptism....Steven. It is a little sad that
we won´t actually get to see it! It is fun teaching him, just because he
enjoys it so much. He is so excited and talks with his Dad on the phone
about his baptism almost everynight!! He is adorable!
I have been reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish and I am now in Alma 24. I am hoping to finish before I go home- I am learning a lot of things by reading in a different language. I love the story of the Anti Nephi Lehis. I have never really noticed, when the Lamanites come to kill them, that the King-all the words he says are of gratitude. He gives thanks for the missionaries, he gives thanks for a loving Heavenly Father, for a merciful Savior, for repentance. Not once does he complain that God is letting the Lamanites come and destroy them. Now I am trying to apply that- to stand on my feet, with a heart full of gratitude for all the blessings that I have recieved this year! I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ! I am so excited for this Diciembre and for all the miracles that are still to come!
I am so lucky. There are so many miracles and amazing things that are happening.
I have been reading the Book of Mormon in Spanish and I am now in Alma 24. I am hoping to finish before I go home- I am learning a lot of things by reading in a different language. I love the story of the Anti Nephi Lehis. I have never really noticed, when the Lamanites come to kill them, that the King-all the words he says are of gratitude. He gives thanks for the missionaries, he gives thanks for a loving Heavenly Father, for a merciful Savior, for repentance. Not once does he complain that God is letting the Lamanites come and destroy them. Now I am trying to apply that- to stand on my feet, with a heart full of gratitude for all the blessings that I have recieved this year! I love my Heavenly Father and my Savior Jesus Christ! I am so excited for this Diciembre and for all the miracles that are still to come!
I am so lucky. There are so many miracles and amazing things that are happening.
Dec 11
It is still hard for me to believe it is the
Christmas season! For awhile here it was not that cold, so it did not really
feel like winter! But the last week the cold has set in. We did not have heat
until about 4 days ago! We have been trying to get it to work...yeah I know
nothing about heaters especially Spanish ones. A magical man came and fixed it
and now we are living in bliss!
Hna. Smith was sick this last week, so we spent a couple day in apartment so
that she could rest. I organized a lot of things...and probably had a bit of
cabin fever! There is only so much time I can devote to organizing before I go
crazy! Also we had our special conference with Elder Causse of the Seventy. It
was amazing! He taught us all day! It is incredible to me how he did not use
notes, he was just guided by the Spirit. I had brought a couple of questions
that I wanted answered and they all were answered. Heavenly Father hears our
prayers!
Love, Melissa the Beautiful
No comments:
Post a Comment