Thursday, November 12, 2009

Pride Cometh Before the Fall, OR How I Fought the Meat Slicer And Lost

I went back to my job on Monday. Same job. New position. Teresa trained me, making sure I knew what I was doing. Tuesday comes. Teresa is still there just in case I need something. She says 'Melissa, you are such a fast learner!' I started getting a little confident, a little cocky. So I put my hand a little too close to the moving blade. Mistake!

I got 8 stitches for my confidence.

9 comments:

Amanda said...

ooo that looks like it hurts! thats why I dont have confidence... hehe

Meaghan said...

Oh no! Look at what happens when I'm not there to watch over you. :)
Well, be nice to your finger and I miss and love you.

grannybabs said...

It hurts to hear you describe it!!

Welcome home!

Unknown said...

Holy Crap! Are you gonna be okay? How many stitches? Get better girly!

Shelly said...

OUCH! Sorry, that looks painful.

Emily said...

Awesome! I am majorly jealous. I get a little shiver up my spine every time I think about it.

Unknown said...

That looks awful!!! I'm so sorry! :(
-Amy

Heather said...

Your mom said it looked like it was a hot dog that blew up in the microwave...I am glad it looks better now!

The Mom said...

Grandpa read about the cut on Facebook. (He reads it everyday while I go exercise.) told me about it. OWWW! it looks OWWW!
Keep your fingers out of the meat slicer. Grandpa Terrill sliced two of his finger tips off with a saw.
Love Nan