This week started out well, then got a little sad but then
got better again. We started out the week really strong, lots of lessons and a
baptism scheduled. But on thursday she texted us and said that she was going to
a job interview and that if she got the job, she would be working on the
weekends. She said she would call us the next day to let us know. We prayed and
fasted but the next day she called and said she had decided to take the job and
that she would not be getting baptized. We were devastated because she is an
amazing woman and we had had some powerful spiritual experiences with her. Then
all of our other investigators just kind of dropped off, said they couldn't
meet or wouldn´t be coming to church. Then somehow all my pictures got deleted
from my camera...so all my pictures from Benidorm and my first few weeks here,
gone except the ones I had sent you. Everything just seemed to be going awful.
But we just kind of gathered our courage, and have been trying
to be a positive as possible. Things don't always go exactly like you plan. But
we had some miracles happen. A woman came to our English class on Saturday,
then stayed for the Relief Society activity, and was at church yesterday! All
without us doing a thing. Then I contacted a woman on the metro Saturday night,
we invited her to church and she came! Heavenly Father is always looking out
for us. He knows exactly what we need. I have been taking a lot of comfort from
the hymn Scatter Sunshine! Read it! It is beautiful. I want to be a Sunshine
Scatterer!!
And also a birthday shout out to my kindred spirit, my
bestie who shares my name, Miss
Melissa Wilding. I love you
- thanks for being hilarious and a great example! Dance and eat lots of cake!
I love you a million sings of Scatter Sunshine- scatter
smiles and sunshine
Love, Melissa the Beautiful
1 comment:
Ah I love this post and the Shout Out!It makes me cry!
Post a Comment