Wednesday, September 15, 2010

And here we have Spain

Well I have arrived in the great country of Spain! It has been a long week, emotionally and physically.On Friday I got called down to the Travel Office, where they told me that my visa had arrived and that I would be leaving Tuesday. It was a bit of a shock. I had just come to terms with spending all 9 weeks in the Provo MTC. So I was little...sad to leave. I loved my district...Even after just 3 weeks I felt like the Elders were my brothers. And I adore my companions. We had just expected that we would leave together.
 
Since I was leaving, I got to speak in my zone branch on Sunday...in Spanish. Lets just say that was an adventure and I pretty much slaughtered the beautiful language. Then i was able to bear my testimony in English. Which of course I am much better at. I got a little emotional but of course before that I had to throw out one of my famous one liners...´I am feeling kind of sick, so I might Ralph everywhere´ Yeah that will bring them to you.
 
I spent the next couple days getting everything packed. I hadn´t really done any laundry on my P-day beacuse I thought I would be there for longer, so I had to hurry and do all that. I managed to fit all my things in two bags...both under fifty pounds. I am pretty much a master packer. It was hard saying good-bye to my district...we all wanted to hug but that is not allowed so we just had to settle for several firm handshakes. Hugs all around for my companions.
 
Then I left at 5 in the morning yesterday. Boarded a bus at the MTC, boarded a plane at the SLC airport, flew to New York...concrete jungle where dreams are made...boarded another plane to Madrid, tried to sleep on the plane, failed, arrived in Madrid at 7:30 in the morning-madrid time. Now they are keeping us up till 6.30 so that we can get over our jet lag. Which means two days awake...not gonna lie, I am feeling pretty sleepy right now! What I have seen of Madrid so far is beautiful. Tomorrow we get to explore the city a bit. The MTC is right by the temple...my room overlooks it. It is absolutely gorgeous.  There are about 20 people here at this MTC...most of them not learning Spanish. This will be a crazy adventure.
 
Now I am off to try and stay awake. I am pretty sure I could sleep standing up at this point. I love you a million views of the Madrid temple.

1 comment:

Stacey said...

Thanks for posting Melissa's letters. I LOVE reading them!