Friday, September 03, 2010

September 2, 2010

Hola!

This may be the extent of my Spanish words...just kidding I know how to say I am a missionary and that I love Jesus. What else could there be? I honestly can't believe that I have already been here for two weeks. The days go by super super slow but then it feels like the weeks just fly by. I got word that I will not be leaving the MTC next week. Visas are slow right now so most likely I will be here the full 9 weeks. I was a little sad about that but I have really started to love my zone and district, so in a way I am glad I am not leaving.

So just a couple of fun things about the MTC. I pretty much adore my chair. We sit in a classroom all day, which would be terrible except that I have the most amazing chair. It reclines and is super comfy. I really want to take it with me when I leave. I might even write an ode to it. I consider my chair an MTC blessing.

And then there is the free box. I cannot even explain how awesome the free box. Pretty much hermanas when they are leaving put anything they can't fit in their suitcases, in the free box. I found a brand new pair of American Eagle jeans...in the free box! And they were just my size. Another MTC miracle. Sometimes there is even delicious food. Wonder of Wonders Miracle of Miracles...name that.

Okay so I pretty much love my district...8 little Elders, beautiful boys. Sometimes I get a little annoyed because they are so crazy but they have amazing testimonies. Mostly I just want to bottle their enthusiasm because they already love being on a mission. I need to work on that!

One of my companions, Hermana S, has broncitis(?). So we actually got to escape the MTC on Saturday and journey to the outside world! And by that I mean the BYU Health Center and Rite Aid...so nothing too exciting. It did feel a little weird to be in the outside world. Everyone one is jealous cause usually you don't get to leave unless you are super sick. Hna. S is getting better. The majority of the week we spent up in our rooms, while she slept. It kind of stunk to miss class, but what can you do.

I am not going to lie, being here at the MTC is hard. It is easy to get discouraged with the language. Then there are just these moments of pure joy, when I get to share my testimony about the Savior or hearing someone talk about the changes that have come in there life because of the gospel, and it all feels worth it.

I love you a million pairs of perfect fitting jeans from the free box.

-Melissa the Beautiful

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Hooray for the free box! Glad to hear Melissa is doing well. :) She'll be in Spain before she knows it!