Thursday, September 23, 2010

Shower? Who needs to shower?

Hola! ¿Como la va? Bahaha as you can see my Spanish is progressing nicely...except that everyone talks so so fast! I am still trudging along at Spanish. It gets a little easier everyday and I am understanding more and more. And only two and a half weeks before I am in Barcelona for reals!  I can´t even believe that I have been out for 5 weeks.
 
The Spain MTC is so much different than the Provo MTC, definitely more relaxed. There are about 15 of us who are here for MTC training and then random bunches of Elders who are just here passing through. Most of them have been out in the US waiting for their visas. Next week, there will be only 9 of us here. A group of missionaries will be leaving, which means....I will be the lone sister! Ahhh! The one good thing about that is I will have my own room with my own personal bathroom! It definitely be an experience without a real companion. There will only be two of us speaking Spanish- Elder Jones and I. He came in at the same time and is also serving in Barcelona. He is kind of hilarious, mostly cause he loves to tell me what girls think. Pure hilarity! "you understand because it is that girl emotion stuff". Bahaha
 
I have already taught a bunch of lessons in Spanish. I feel a little bad for the people we practice on because it takes me for.ever. to get through one subject. Lots of pauses and lots of umms.  The teachers here are great. Both of mine served missions in the US...one in Idaho. They are good at letting me take my time, which I appreciate! The MTC is right on the temple plaza, which I LOVE! At night it just lights up the sky-ahh I can't even describe how beautiful it is. It makes me happy everytime I look at it.
 
The food here is delicious...and we eat lots of it. Serious. Meat, rice, potatoes, some kind of vegatable, fruit and bread...add a little dessert to that and bam an Madrid MTC meal. Plus we have twice a day snack times. Hopefully I won´t weigh 300 pounds by the time I leave this place but luckily it is all fresh and delicious! I am still working on enjoying the fish but I am taking it step by step! And of course I can´t forget the Nutella, the love of my soul. So delicious!
 
I hope all is going well. I love being here and learning so many new things. It is amazing and I already love Spain! Yeah for public transportation!
 
I love you all a million slices of Spain bread with Nutella.

No comments: